Thursday, March 31, 2011

THREE HUNDRED SEVENTEEN


SONG OF THE DAY #317
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Shortly Before the End
by OK GO


This song is for the Assembly, at which the King was sentenced to 15 years in prison without the need to renounce the Bourbon line or his alliance to the Pope, and for the resulting news bulletin, when we found out that the King was whacked by one of Susan's lackeys. Dead and gone. The rest of the afternoon was spent talking to everyone on fb about the crazy assembly, and watching the west wing.

MIDNIGHT BONUS TRACK:
The Heart of Life (Live)
by John Mayer


In the evening I became disappointed with my poor, unknowing sister, and went to clear the frustration one block up, where I taught myself to bike with my hands behind my back.
I came back and worked on my wrap report until around 5 A.M., at which point I finished up and knocked out by 5:30.

This is a rare live recording of The Heart of Life by John Mayer. It's strangely the only version of the song I can relate to. All the others I've heard, even the one that appears in Where the Light Is, comes across as too processed for some reason... This one is perfect. It's essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment