Saturday, March 19, 2011

THREE HUNDRED FIVE


SONG OF THE DAY #305
Saturday, March 19th, 2011
Little Motel
by Modest Mouse


Woke up early to give the people coming to see the house at 12 a chance to see both my room and the bathroom neatly made. All day I did nothing but watch an episode of Skins and download and listen to people's souls being spilled in ink. These lyrics are incredibly terrifying. David Gray, Bright Eyes, Elliot Smith, Colin Hay, City & Colour-- they all have something inherently powerful to bring to the table, and it makes me want to go out and look up at the sky and believe in Life as much as it scares the crap out of me that people could actually feel this way, and that I have, too. I spent the day, while doing the aforementioned, updating The Sound. These festival days are killing me... I left most of them blank.

If you're ever incredibly heartbroken or incredibly in love, and you want to feel like you have a kindred spirit in songwriters, listen to these. But mind you, this is not to be taken lightly. To attest such strong emotions may cause you to fall out of, or even deeper in love.

Anyway, putting a serious note aside, I had a great time just simplistically talking to my parents in the backyard. Corny, but they know so much about life. Maybe it was just an introspectve day. Yeah, it was a very, very introspective day. It was also Mileini's Mom's birthday, and so I wrapped up a bottle of white wine and made a Salsa mix and headed over.

Brothers, endless conversation, excellent family members, mamá no tiene modestia, salsa lesson, funny quote from my youth, Jaques Tati. And sometimes I wish this was a private journal.

Caveat: This song, I just realized, is a repeat from a couple hundred days ago. Just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment