Monday, March 28, 2011

THREE HUNDRED FOURTEEN


SONG OF THE DAY #314
Monday, March 28th, 2011
See the Sun
The Kooks


This morning I refused to go to sleep, and instead stayed up watching Hellboy until almost 4 in the morning. I woke up a few hours later for school at 9, on the way to which I rediscovered The Kooks. I've had a fun ride with The Kooks over the years, at one point loving it all, and then not having any of it, and then starting all over again... The current status on me vs. The Kooks is this: (putting the fact that their music has come at me in meaningful waves throughout the course of our relationship, further discussed soon) once you get past feeling silly for loving and relating to pretentious Brit kids with guitars, and when you learn to love the strange arrangement of B-sides that composes their catalog, you discover some kind of truth you never thought you could find in Brighton.

...I got to Ecology at 9:12 and was not the latest one, then went to the Environmental Studies office for packet on the on-campus preserve after class with Onstead.
Went home, cleaned, and then aimlessly lingered about on the computer until I left for school again, at 4, to meet with some reacting kids. Stayed until 7:30, then came home, ate a sandwich, watched an episode of Scrubs and went to sleep an hour later. Got up at 11, watched Tales From the Script, and went back to bed at 1:30. The next list I'm making is the "Great films come in twos" concept.
Goodnight, moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment