Friday, March 4, 2011

TWO HUNDRED NINETY


SONG OF THE DAY #290
Friday, March 4th, 2011
Disco Azúcar
by Los Van Van


FESTIVAL DAY ONE

TODAY was the first day at the Royal Palm Hotel. I got up late because of last night, and went to work. 1-5 at the checkin desk, followed by the official opening of the Festival with Chico & Rita at the Gusman. Van ride over to the Freedom Tower for the Opening Night party. Free everything and a live band. Got to know some people a whole lot better. Drunken coworkers are fun as hell. Now it's 1 AM, and I'm hitting the sheets. I have to be back at RPH in 8 hours, which means I have to leave the house in 7, which in turn means that I have to wake up in 5 1/2.

On the way to the Festival, Roberto gave me some "words of wisdom" that sounded more like "words of douchery," followed by a very cynical action. Gives me crap about being late and then gets down to smoke a cigarette in front of the Gusman - the venue I supposedly made him late to. GARGH!

Music-wise it was Iron & Wine en route everywhere until after the party, at which point it was salsímbiri completo.

Spent some time on the bike to and from the RPH and the lot, and dropping off Van Peebles' welcome packet at the W hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment