Saturday, March 26, 2011

THREE HUNDRED ELEVEN


SONG OF THE DAY #311
Friday, March 25th, 2011
The Way You Look Tonight
by Tony Bennett


With a morning filled with sleep and an afternoon of Urban Ecology, I'm keeping it mellow with today's song. I sat on my bed for about 7 hours writing my paper for EcoUrbo on green roofing. When I realized that the two pages of starting point I submitted about 3 weeks ago were total garbage, I decided to strip it bare and start anew. As soon as I finished, I took a shower, refreshed and got dressed. It's 8 PM at this point, and I'm headed to the Fair. I thought about a few things on the way, had a sort-of prom flashback that turned into a daydream, and thought about The Girl wearing a corsage. She'd look so beautiful it made me want to sigh, and sing to her. The Way You Look Tonight, with no music, right there in her parents' living room. Piano played in my head for the rest of the night, including inappropriately, on the Himalayas and Ferris Wheel. At the Fair were Sam, Jaife, Oscar, Chris, Andrew, Izzy, and Mileini. Got lost by one of the Crazy Mice, until Mileini came to pick me up at the entrance. I took her to the Real Crazy Mouse, Mega Drop, Pizza place, and Pirate Funhouse, where I'd climbed atop a soda machine to see everyone, who were on the othe side of the fair completely. Rode a few things with Mileini, and talked to the gang about lame things we find interesting. They started closing everything at 1, when Mileini and I walked to the front of the Fair to wait for everyone, still on the upside down ride I cleverly evaded. Had a moment with an ESE teacher, piano playing, and looked after the child next to me, who adorably, incessantly, pointed out everything she wanted from the gift shop in front of us. We walked back to Sam's dorm, and at around 2:30, we headed home. Saw the girls to their car, still in blue, and got on bike and rode to Archie. Put this song on, and drove the slowest I've ever driven, back home. It's 3:34. Beach tomorrow? Says Wendy... Eso veremos.
Goodnight, moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment