Friday, April 1, 2011

THREE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN


SONG OF THE DAY #218
Friday, April 1, 2011
Gravity
by John Mayer


Today I woke up late after going to sleep at 5:30, working on my wrap report for the festival. Slept through class (in the comfort of my home), woke up at 10:30 and headed out to MIFF, getting there at 11:30. I printed everything out, put my binder together, and had my exit interview. Forget bittersweet; it was just bitter. Leaving that office makes me want to listen to Bright Eyes and sulk. Life's going to be crazy different after this. I can feel myself wanting more already.
Coming home and watched the Census episode of the West Wing while falling asleep, held out until the end, and knocked out for a few hours afterwards. Woke up to an empty house and decided to high road it- I made clean and got dressed, and picked up the disparate articles of clothing that were disturbing the shui.
Watched an episode of The League and waited for Lani to get here before heading over to Jackie's party. Convinced Jorge to meet us there, and had a fun night of catching up, talking crap, dancing, and making fun of other people. Coming home this song came on the shuffle. It was at least the third time today. She came in for a drink, and then I walked her to her car. When I got back inside the house, I shut the door, I turned around, and this song exploded around me. I took a look in the mirror, like I do whenever I need to figure myself out, and thought about my life. Oh, God. It's going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment