Monday, April 25, 2011

THREE HUNDRED FORTY-TWO


SONG OF THE DAY #342
Monday, April 25, 2011
All Over Town
by The Kooks


This morning I got up to finish several things: It's my last day before the end of the semester. My last final's tomorrow: Myth, Ritual, & Mysticism in the morning. I decided there were a few things I had to do today: finish my essay for Ecology (the Final Draft, due at 5), study for Mysticism, and not do much else. Plans change. Mileini came over while I still hadn't even changed out of my paJams, to pick up the Tao of Pooh, Un Rey en La Habana (after hearing Crys and I gabbing about it over some masitas de puerco), and An American In Paris. She left, and soon after, with a house full of my confused entire family sitting around (había comelata de Arroz con Pollo), Jaife came over. We ate together after everyone else, and then, after my grandparents left, we went to my room to kill some time. I finished my essay while she snooped in my books and ticket case, and after a brilliant quick finish at 4:45, we spent the rest of the afternoon listening to good music and talking. Of course, ambiguously looking into each other's eyes and showing her the map consumed the down time. When she left, I stayed awe-struck at how situations like these in my life can be so difficultly discernable as either friendly and not. I continue to surprise myself thinking about how complicated human relationships are. I dedicate this song to a sentiment: doubt.

In any case-

I got myself over to the Dunkin' Donuts by Crystal's later that night. Study date. Moved it back to her house when we couldn't get internet, and amidst the books, managed to get to know each other better. Also, the new mint oreos and the chocolate cafecito were fantastic. Killed some bugs, looked through some books, and teased her romantic collection. A truly humble abode of films and literature, hehe. It was the night I went back to the gate. The second time seeing her, and it felt better than the first.

I lie... The first was... the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment