Wednesday, April 20, 2011

THREE HUNDRED THIRTY-SEVEN


SONG OF THE DAY #337
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Ego (feat. Kanye West)
by Beyoncé


Above the influence on 4/20.
This morning I woke up and rushed to write my index cards for the green roof presentation. Took a shower, got ready, and ironically put on the "Fancy Me" shirt, forgetting I was actually supposed to dress the part for presenting. Business attire, damnit. Not funny get-up, shorts and sneakers. Nevertheless, the presentation went off without a hitch, and we finished up Ecology perfectly. I'm hopeful; all I have to do is some of the extra credit and I think I'll get by fine. Hopefully I'll have time to! Came home after class to a recovering Mami, and I started watching Woody Allen's Match Point, which I checked out of the film library almost two weeks ago. Lol I'm such a disaster. Those things are due within the week. Anyway, I stopped it halfway through to go pick up some food, and on the flip, put on Food, Inc. while eating, to set a nice little tone. Stopped it eventually about halfway through, when something came up, and Ma had to finish doing some things around the house. I helped a little, but realistically how much can you expect? She went to pick up Jessie soon after, and I stayed behind adding to my library and putting off washing dishes (which I eventually got to). OH! I FIXED THE PS3! Do I know how? Not a clue. But The West Wing came out and I shipped it back to Netflix without a single wink. Later, went grocery shopping for the materials I needed for tomorrow's French Potluck. Mom freaked out about EVERY GROCERY PRODUCT after watching Food, Inc. and walking around Winn-Dixie.
-"Read the Ham! There's nothing pure here. We're all going to die."
-"Calm down. Look, this is honey. It's pure." [Ingredients: Honey]
I put Match Point back on when I got home, as Pops made some crepes. I learned how to make them, kind-of, but was more interested in Scarlett Johansson than in thin pancakes. I don't know why. Long story short, the crepes turned out great and the film was pretty damn ingenious. Aw, hell-- I loved it. I have to give it up to my boy. Cut up and washed some strawberries afterwards, and then retired to the room to check some email and wander about. Ended the night updating The Sound for the past couple days, and am hitting the sack at around 1. Nite, y'all. Watch that film.

No comments:

Post a Comment