Friday, April 29, 2011

THREE HUNDRED FORTY-SIX


SONG OF THE DAY #346
Friday, April 29, 2011
Fake Empire
by The National


Got up crazy late.. like at 12:45. I bought some tickets through Culture Shock before getting out of bed, to a strange dance company performing at a new theatre. The grass had just finished being cut and Gustavo was at my house. I watched The Notorious Bettie Paige, and then followed it up with the first three episodes of The Lost Room, which my mom and my sister joined me for. They'd gotten home. From that point, I started getting ready to go-- a process at the latter end of which I reminded Mileini to be here.

Together we took Archimedes to the South Dade Cultural Center to watch an incredible, unforgettable DIAVOLO performance, and then we headed all over the city scouring for an open restaurant. We settled at IHOP 20-30 minutes later. ^.^

MIDNIGHT BONUS TRACK
First Date
by Blink-182


We talked for what seemed like hours, about endless hilarities and the realities of life. It's always real with this girl.
It's so strange; the night was so simple, but an incredible show and simple sparkling, honest conversation turned it into one of the unexpected best nights of my life.

Riding on the high of the past few days, and coming home from a great night tonight made me feel strange. The whole day I felt half-awake, like it was all too perfect. This is the perfect song for today, which, little did I know, was the peak. And as for the Bonus Track, this is what hanging out at IHOP with Mileini, talking about first dates feels like. I love everything about this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment