Wednesday, April 20, 2011

THREE HUNDRED THIRTY-FIVE


SONG OF THE DAY #335
Monday, April 18, 2011
Tree By the River
by Iron & Wine


I just finished reading the Tao of Pooh. It's 2:24 AM.
This morning I woke up in time for class, but I didn't go to class. I stayed home, ate breakfast calmly, and then went to Coral Park. Talked to Vivian for 2 seconds, Gutierrez to borrow the Tao of Pooh, Menasche for 2 seconds, and Pena for like an hour. We talked about school, family, and everything in between. And changes. Lots of changes. Came home, started reading, gave up on reading... Nah, i didn't get up on reading; just suddenly realized I had to run to FIU. So, a few hours after getting home from Coral Park and watching episode 1 of the Misfits-- was that today? I think that was today, yeah. Anyway-- I decided to go back to FIU. At FIU, I was a Bisy Backson. I had to do a few things to see how I could declare my major and clear my hold. In the Honors College, only Jose could help me, or the anthropology department. The anthropology department is now in SIPA, for future reference. Declared my major. The Anthropology advisor said it would take about a week. I said, "ehhh," and he said "ok, do you want to take it instead?" I said yes. He said, "Welcome to the Family." ...I like that he said that. It makes me feel welcome. He shook my hand and said "Welcome to the Family." And he seems like a nice guy. I think that handshake is one of the most refreshing experiences I've had in a long time at FIU. "Welcome to the Family." It's so simple, but its the perfect thing to say. Anyway, I went to drop it off at the ECS building right after. And after dropping it off at ECS, I went to the office of education abroad and told them that my hold had been lifted and that i'd declared my major. "Yayy!!" she said.
I came home, I read or did something--I don't really know. And then Papi came home, and then Jessie came home, and a little while after that I went to sleep. I decided it was too noisy in the living room to read, and that it was too mosquitoey outsde, so i went to my bed to read at around 3:00 or 3:30. Well, this is what happened. Five hours later I woke up, and hadn't read past the first chapter. I hadn't done anything, so I decided to go eat something and then keep reading. I ate and came back to the room to get the job done. I went back over to the living room an hour later, turned the TV off in front of a sleepy father and sat on the red sofa to finish reading. I had only read about a quarter of the book. I sat on that sofa until 2:00 in the morning reading the Tao of Pooh. I took 2 breaks: one to eat a banana and some quakes, and another to watch a few trailers online. It's 2:31, and I am signing off. 2:32. I remember why I loved that book so much. I'm thankful that Gutierrez gave it to me; it's come at the perfect time, especially after a few nights ago. Really, the perfect time.

No comments:

Post a Comment