Friday, May 13, 2011

THREE HUNDRED SIXTY


SONG OF THE DAY #360
Friday, May 13, 2011
Solamente Una Vez
por Trío Los Panchos

After writing last night's entry to The Sound, I tried going to bed. Aided by a cough attack and an undying need to fill a film void, though, I stayed up in bed watching Before Sunrise. When I started watching it, I thought it would be the perfect way to connect a couple of the week's films: School of Rock's Linklater with 2 Days in Paris' Julie Delpy. I'd just experienced an incredible film, Cashback, a few days before, and the last thing on my mind was that this other film, which before a few days ago I had never heard of, was going to be as incredible.
I didn't expect to love this film, and I think that's part of the reason I did.
I started to reason a little after that, or somehow throughout the course of the subsequent 24 hours, that there was a pattern to all of my favorite films. At some point or another, the reason a film is my favorite is because of its ability to appeal to my sense of adventure and somehow speak to me. Well, this was my next adventure. I went to sleep.
I was woken up a few hours later with a combination of alarm and both parents. Went to Itito's to dedicate the day to JBP.
We got to the first site on US1 and 20th. Here I found Tropical Perk, and unloaded two pallets of acoustical ceiling material. 2X2 tiles of both drywall and acoustical tile. Made jokes about the workers that came in behind us, and played it nonchalant ("wow, look at this tree..") as a lookout for my co-worker, who had to do his business by a large green dumpster.
Headed to the pharmacy to pick up some meds, and then back to Itita's house to hang out for a bit before taking some hair (?) to Tia's at the airport. I've been in stranger situations.
Took it to the Everglades Lumber to pick up some vinyl spackle, then to Kilowatt's for some lighting accessories. Feasted on some snackage while there, and had a bit of a strange encounter with the cafeteria man. Personal life aside, he makes a good jugo de melón.
Headed to Doral to make use of that spackle and those lighting materials, and then, after about 20 minutes of wandering the local Best Buy waiting for a Brazilian guy to show up, we got some lunch at the Palacio de los Jugos on Coral Way. Took my lunch to go, and met Victor at the DD by Crys's house. I came home with Victor a while later, lent him some mental snackage (some brilliant, contraband film material and Devendra), and finally rid myself of La Femme Nikita. Got The West Wing in the mail, and upon insistance, we watched an entire disc-- 4 episodes. Pop went to bed then, and I showed Mami Before Sunrise. Knowing the film, knowing me, and knowing her curiosity, of course it was a double feature. Before Sunset came right after. At 12:30, the movie finished and I started doing some soundwork. The day was magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment