Tuesday, May 10, 2011

THREE HUNDRED FIFTY-NINE


SONG OF THE DAY #359
Tuesday May 10, 2011
No Te Vayas
by Gilberto Santa Rosa


I just woke up from a dream. I was outside of Victoria's Secret just looking at her talk to her coworkers. That was my entire dream. Me standing outside.

Right, well I straightened myself out, and after being shooed out of bed by a concerned grandfather, paying for my phone and spending the best of a few hours downloading most of Marc Anthony's catalog, I cleaned my room and cut the grass. At some point during my lonely stint in the house this morning I remembered another dream I had-- this one much lovelier, and with Anne Hathaway. Dad got home not too late after; I'd finished watching the Sports Night pilot and had moved on to Cashback, which I finished watching with him and Itito, and turned out to be a magnificent film. Really spectacular. I told myself at one point, if I ever made a film, this is what it would be. I realized, hours later, after having seen Alfie and the opening credits to Michael Caine's Italian Job, that if I do ever make a film, it would be the product of a large collective subconscious. Cashback ended, and as I reeled in marvel I showered and got ready to leave for the eye doctor. A couple came to see the house, and a little after they left, I followed. And after Vision Works I stopped off at the video shop to pick up a few cravings, and moved on to get Jessie at Itito's. Some kind of demon possessed her this afternoon-- God knows why she didn't want to come home with me.

And at night, until about 1:30 in the morning, I got a straight shot of wake-up call, by the only person I completely trust. And Gilberto... Gilberto is starting to fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment