Wednesday, May 18, 2011

THREE HUNDRED SIXTY-FIVE


SONG OF THE DAY #365
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Take Your Time
by Al Green
featuring Corinne Bailey Rae


I didn't leave the house today. I woke up and finished putting the video together on iDVD, and then printed the video, all while watching No Strings Attached. I also made some Evey eggs, to celebrate Portman culture. Getting back to the point, I don't know what the fuck is going on. It can't be a coincidence that all the films I'm watching have a sickening parallel with my life. It's very funny, God! When I die we'll look back and have a laugh about this one! Jesus... When Pop got home I showed him the video and ate a fantastic chicken sandwich... Damn. So good. Until mom got home I copied movies to my PS3, since spending enough alone time with the machine makes you discover new things, and after she got here, we spent some time in the kitchen for no particular reason, I vacuumed the living room for no particular reason, and then we sat down to watch the movie again. That's right. I watched it twice, a few hours apart. Judge. And after that, I felt like listening to Corinne. My parents went to do groceries, and I stayed in, with Al Green. Wrote my Sound entry, sifted through old music and through the music on the machine, and then watched Castle. CRAYZEH CASTLE!! Now the Heat game is on, and I'm wandering. Watched The Green Hornet when the game ended and everyone went to sleep, and discovered a new industry trick. 2AM.
I didn't even notice, until around 6:30, when I decided to make Take Your Time the song of the day, that today was the three hundred sixty-fifth post of The Sound. Somehow we've come full circle here... It's been a year since my first Flogging Molly post-- and I'm not even sure if I completely remember what I felt like then. Something's changed, though. A year ago I was still thinking about her. Well, that stopped a very long time ago. Now I'm... I don't know what I am. What I can tell you is that in the past year I've done my best to find a happiness and let it take over my body-- and that's something that, despite what whatever I'm going through right now tells you, I know I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment