Monday, May 2, 2011

THREE HUNDRED FORTY-NINE


SONG OF THE DAY #349
Monday May 2nd, 2011
Green Light
by Beyoncé


Called Mileini in the AM to go to FIU, only to realize she was already there. Ate some arroz frito and arrived at the FIU at my leisure. Ran some errands, dropping off my Extra Credit letter to Onstead, Paying for Study Abroad, and returning some films to the Film Library. Match Point and... Pi. I still have Sunshine. Talked to Weitz for a while, about Industry and other such goods, and brought Mileini home to do nothing in particular. We decided to leave the house to return a game at Best Buy, and grab Portal 2 when, on 826 South, traffic stopped and we didn't. That's right, friends-- while ultra-ironically listening to Beyonce's "Green Light," I somehow forgot to brake while I avoided being handcuffed to my steering wheel. Thank you, life. A few hours, a visit from my grandfather, a diabetic's emergency urinary improvisation and a ticket later, we indeed made it to Best Buy, picke up Portal 2, and made it back home. Mileini did not touch the handcuffs. Mileini did not look at the handcuffs. Mileini did not think about the handcuffs. We got home, she went home, and I think I opened it up and played the first level before hitting the sheets. It was an interesting afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment