Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TWO HUNDRED THIRTY-ONE


SONG OF THE DAY #231
Tuesday, January 4th, 2011
Lost Without You
by Robin Thicke

Today I got up early and got to work at 9 for my first official programming meeting, followed by the first of a couple very long slotting meetings. Indescribable how exciting it was to be sitting in a room with the genius behind something this incredible, and to be participating! We like similar things, have conversation-piece opinions on art and film, and we get down to it. It's amazing, and it's certainly a niche. After the meeting we went to eat at a small place called SOI, where Japanese and Thai specialties were served.. It wasn't bad-- Pineapple Fried Rice was exquisite if I may say so. This song played after quite an outburst of Jay-Z that was pretty funny. The song pretty much set the tone for the rest of the day, and for the day leading up to it. It was shrouded by Florence and the Machine, but there was an overall serenity that filled the day. I came home, went to the library and checked out an amazonian recommendation and "Naked Heat," met moms at Winn-D, bought Almond milk and cookies (it's not bad!), and plans for ice skating fell through, of course. Went to see Love & Other Drugs, the first movie of 2011, with Jaife. Jenny joined in later, and Wendy had already seen it. I arranged my movie tickets and filled out uncared for posts from the close of the year. It looks like I'm going to have to wait until spring break to add images, since the little time I have I'll spend on my room and at MIFF. No more movies for a while. Nothing except MIFFflix and the occasional Instant. Castle's back, too. Ya tu sabes... Ahora sí que es, y no cuando tú decías. Peace. Keep it locked.

No comments:

Post a Comment