Sunday, January 23, 2011

TWO HUNDRED FIFTY


SONG OF THE DAY #250
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011
The Twist
by Frightened Rabbit

I started to look for a replacement for the day of the FR concert in Gainesville to avoid repeating music, but I left it alone. The music served me for a purpose back then, which is why I picked it. Now I see it in a completely different light, and The Twist means a completely different thing to me today. This is how I justify today's double addition. It's the same song taken from a completely different angle.

Got home after a different night at 4AM. Got up at 12:30, took a shower, and sat at the computer for fixins. Most often I think as much as I reflected today. Watched some trivialities on television and then got out of the house. I went to Lincoln Road to check out some glasses, then came back to Publix for some groceries for the cooking teacher. Note to self: the fact that pineapple soda is delicious does not guarantee that the same will apply with coconut soda. In fact, it doesn't. I thought some more, and then FR lyrics popped into my head. The Twist is today's song because of its poetry and its power to seal today with red wax. FR, you guys are real. Thanks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment