Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TWO HUNDRED THIRTY-EIGHT


SONG OF THE DAY #238
Tuesday, January 11th, 2011
Ça Plane Pour Moi
by Plastic Bertrand

Second day of school proved to be very interesting. First class: Myth, Ritual, and Mysticism, 9:30 a.m.
Professor Phyllis Baker is a free spirit, to say the least. She did something I've never seen done before: put a tablecloth on the desk at the front of the room. This is the same room I had Nutrition in.. and dreaded. Today proves a little change of atmosphere (and maybe studying something you actually enjoy) can brighten up the room. I mean, she also put out banana bread, cookies, magic candles and a crystal ball, but it was really the zebra print that did the trick. Haha it was nuts. Very different, very interesting. It's nice to see a woman that has a Ph. D. and hasn't completely lost her sense of humanity. It takes me back to the Ogden days! That is, of course, if Ogden were an African-American mystic. After that, the day got French, strangely. Well, not directly after. On my way to eat something I found Yelen, who was also hungry. Long story short, we shared the Einstein's experience. Trekked to DM to meet Weitz and she was there! We talked for a while, swapped festival stories and learned about Crazy Catherine and signed up for independent study. Reminder: look over all those Prague e-mails! Buy a calendar. OUI! Ça Plane Pour Moi! Finished researching Vendée and went to reacting. There was French pronunciation all over the place, and we were all full of Nationalism. Haha! Ah, Sound! I'm back on my bike. Ça Plane Pour Moi! Went back to the car and came home! Watched last night's Castle with the family, and then they left to eat at this place there. Ashley the cute baby's house. I stayed home, worked on the Sound and iTunes, shazammin', then watched Bottle Shock (which was great)! Netflix, baby! One of my greatest investments. Reminder #2: One of these days, get around to watching the rest of the festival films you have! It's almost midnight and I'm hittin' the bed. Early morning tomorrow, followed hopefully by calendar fixins and the fest. Peace, people! Ça Plane Pour Moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment