Thursday, January 13, 2011

TWO HUNDRED FORTY


SONG OF THE DAY #240
Thursday, January 13th, 2011
For Once In My Life
by Frank Sinatra

This song is my life right now. I'm starting to think things couldn't go better. I have a fantastic internship, I have great friends, I was just elected president of the assembly, and I'm finally starting to figure out my life. This is for my family, which is my greatest force. I'm so happy. Today I realized that how I feel about you is nothing compared to the inverse. It's so bittersweet, the feeling. For the first time in a long time, I felt like a kid. But I understood you both. Thank you for not pretending to know it all and for letting me feel like this life is a mystery we're figuring out together. Please don't go, because without you I would lose my spirit. I need you. I need you both.

What did I do today? I went to mysticism in the morning, talked about Native American religion, stared at the TA for more than normal, went up to DM 4 to research the region I hail from, read the gamebook, and make a speech. I ran into Barb Weitz in the hallway, and she shot me into the clouds. After that was reacting, where I gave my speech, introduced my region, and chilled with Mileini. Bought chips, owe her a quarter. After class Andrew came to summon me by the King's people, which was the weirdest thing ever, and after that I caught up with Mileini on her way to the baby lab. Turns out it's not a vehicle for infant chemical testing, :( Oh well. Came home, ate a wrap dad made special order with some ruffles, and then waited for mami to get home. He finished watching the English Patient today. Talked about our family scandal for a while, and then Ma and I broke off into the room to finish talking about ourselves. Seriously, it's like this song was exploding in chorus every few hours today. I thought the day I got the job at MIFF was up there with the best days of my life because of the sheer unprecedented excitement, but today trumps it. By a mile. It was a simple day spent at school and at home, but I spent it with the people I most care about, and I realized you don't need anything else, honestly this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment