Thursday, December 30, 2010

TWO HUNDRED TWENTY-SIX

SONG OF THE DAY #226
Thursday, December 30th, 2010
Light On
by Joey Ryan

I'm writing this two days after, on the morning of the second. I just got home from Bongos with Wendy for her birthday, but I'll cover that on the New Year's Day edition of the Sound, which will also be tragically late. How do I remember what happened two-- no, three-- nights ago after these past two crazy ones? I'll tell you, friends. iTunes. I added "Light On" and "No One Else Like You" by Joey Ryan (and "Meet Me by the Water" by Rachael Yamagata) after watching Bella on the night of the 30th. Really cool movie. Great music. Vibin'. For the life of me, though, I can't remember what happened in the daytime. I fear for my future sometimes, since I find it hard to remember my recent past.. It's a good excuse to keep the Sound, though. This serves as a journal more personal than any paper-and-pen chronicle would ever be, because of the music's way of transporting me back to a given day.
Logically not a day like this, where I can't even remember two days after the fact, but on a regular day it works. Maybe. Maybe it's just like communism: works in theory, not so much in application. Signing off. Have a great 2011, Sounders. Peace.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011: OH! I remember what I did this morning-- I cleaned the backyard! The furniture, the floors, the bar, the tables, todo! I put the exercise equipment inside and started reading the bartending book, like I do every year around this time. I needed Brandy, Dark Creme de Cacao, and Bailey's among some other things, because I decied I'd make a couple specific drinks the day after. Of course I didn't make any, realizing later this night that my god-given gifts don't include bartending. Brandy Alexanders are supposed to go down easy. -_-
Itito came over sometime later with bottles of stuff with Itita, Tio Orestes y Fina, and we made simple syrup to store in the outside fridge. They wanted to watch Little Fockers, and I insisted on Sono Castillo! But they put on la Novela instead. The space between this and the night, when I watched Bella, is the blurred part. But give it another week; maybe I'll get it by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment