Sunday, December 19, 2010

TWO HUNDRED FIFTEEN


SONG OF THE DAY #215
Sunday, December 19th, 2010
Age of Consent
by New Order

Got up early today (hah!) and went to Megan's for the shepherds' orientation. Tomorrow's the first day of winter camp, bright and early, in seven hours. I went to Best Buy today to solve my phone problem, got the EVO from Sprint and a contract I have 30 days to back out of, which will likely happen. I could probably make do with this, but if I can keep the iPhone without having to make an extra investment, I will take the opportunity. So now I have a new number which three people know, I have a contact list that is very empty, and I'm looking at the abyss that is personalizing a new phone. I imagine breaking in a new device hurts more than sporting new heels (or something). It's just painstaking, is all. By the way, this is coming from my new open item MacBook Pro, which was an opportunity that does not come often. Scored this baby today (!), but with it I found I'm an incredibly nostalgic person. The prospect of leaving my bulky, battery-barren HP behind is shudderful. Yes, shudderful. What's that? Not a word, you say? Naysayers, Cee Lo Green has a new song I'd like to dedicate to you. Yes, though, my old laptop is trusty and great, and on many levels I think it's too early for an upgrade. Ol' Remy has some good years left in him, and without living to its natural span, it's becoming closet material. I love you, buddy. This one's for you. Thanks for being there for me when I needed you; I'll never forget your great reign.

Today was also comprised of the aforementioned harsh labor that comes with new tech, and with watching my mom bake for tomorrow and my sister trying to escape said baking. Several times. We had some good convoes today, like we do. It was a good'un, filled with reunions of all kinds (Carlos!) and with some awesome sidebars.

No comments:

Post a Comment