Saturday, December 4, 2010

TWO HUNDRED


SONG OF THE DAY #200
Saturday, December 4th, 2010
Modern Drift
by Efterklang

Spent the day listening to Tired by Adele, and as I was going to document it I realized I used it back in 66. In any case, the first time around I was thinking about Ana and picking my classes, and this time I'm far more chill, the semester's about to end, finals start tomorrow and I'm very close to making some progress with my life. This damn procrastination has me down! I need to get my ass in gear and send the MIFF people my paperwork. De madre. Today we came home from Orlando, during which I slept on the road, got home at about 4, then settled and went back out for Barbarita's first B-Day in the U.S. These people are always interesting. I felt a little jumpy, like I needed to get out of my own skin. The holidays are here.
The song choice is last minute: an eleven thirty Pandora rescue run. Jonsi radio: that's a yes. Despite all of us being on a post-marshmallow high from last night, as soon as we got home tonight, eyes closed. Came home to watch Adele perform on Ellen.. Made plans with Mayte for tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get to O cinemas alive, and leave the same way. Oh, damn. I just realized how much stuff I have to do. Still have to study for Tuesday's final, read the gamebook for France, and make the Film Journals also for Tuesday. Revisions are due Wednesday, and I should probably sleep in between. That's it. Nitey nites. Reminder: Return Winter's Bone to the Redbox.

I didn't even mention that this is the two hundredth day of the Sound... To think, this all started as an attempt to get organized in the summer, and it turned into something I do religiously. Thanks, The Sound, for steering me away from social networking sites and making me focus on what's really important: the music. I never would've really heard it without this. Here's to 200 days. *salt* *tequila* *lime*
Daaaale.

No comments:

Post a Comment