Saturday, May 29, 2010

ELEVEN


SONGS OF THE DAY #11
Saturday, May 29th, 2010

Today I turned 19.

This blog is slowly and unintentially morphing into a way to express my feelings on a given day instead of just a showcase for good music. Turn to May 29th and listen to what was going through my mind, in the words of Billy Joel or the Zutons, or in this case, both.
Given that I felt two distinct ways today-- a morning high and a slow neurosis later at night brought on by my sister's antics and the haunting phrase "Shit, I'm 19," I decided a birthday was as good a time as ever to change up the structure for a day, picking two-- that's right, TWO-- songs in celebration of everyone's one anachronic day of the year: the day they were born.

With that, enjoy my unique personification of today, my 19th birthday, as I discovered only Amy Winehose and Billy Joel can come together to describe.

SONG OF THE DAY #11a
Saturday, May 29th, 2010
8:30 A.M. - 9:00 P.M.
Valerie
by Mark Ronson with Amy Winehouse

SONG OF THE DAY #11b
Saturday, May 29th, 2010
9:00 P.M. - Sunday May 30th, 12:30 A.M.
Vienna
by Billy Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment