Friday, June 18, 2010

THIRTY-ONE


SONG OF THE DAY #31
Friday, June 18th, 2010
California
by The Kooks

The end of THE SOUND's Summer Series 2010, Playlist I

A hell of a lot has changed in the past year alone, and it's taken a couple anniversaries to make me realize it. This time last year I never would've seen myself here, today, thinking what I'm thinking, having seen what I've seen, having learned what I've learned. It's been a ride this year, and I'm only just realizing how much of one. Eventful ended up being an understatement, and it's all because of the people I surround myself with, each geniuses in their own right.

I was reminded that we're all human beings at the core who are driven by a desire, an instinct, and a drive to both live and learn, fully and at every opportunity.
I was reminded that life is too short to worry about disapproval.
I was reminded to live my life.

I thought I'd grow out of The Kooks' metaphorical California. I thought practicality would eventually take over; I thought I'd forget it. As it turns out, I realized our California will always be there, and the only thing that's changing is how we see it. We'll always be kids, some of us just forget it. Thanks guys, for helping me notice it, albeit often inadvertently.

So grow up with yourself, instead of out of yourself. Notice that your experiences aren't your life, but rather what help you find it. And after you've created your own mold, you'll realize you're almost there.

Peace, and let the good times roll

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment